What I've learned so far
It's been tough getting through college but I am gaining more and more hope that it's on the beginning of an amazing life. I'm still only 22 but I thought I would share some things I've learned thus far:
- A conversation is about asking the person you are talking to as many questions as you can about them
- The small group of friends you can be yourself around are worth more than having hundreds of acquaintances
- Do what you have always wanted to do - today, otherwise you never will
- Give people just as much grace as you would want yourself
- There are a lot of amazing people trapped under your bad first impressions - give them a second or a third or forth or fifth...
- Confidence isn't about being somebody cool, funny, attractive, or smooth - it's about being yourself
- Just because you aren't the best at something doesn't mean you aren't really good at it
- Don't get too settled into your college world - it will all change when you start getting older - people will move and get married...get in the habit of calling them to keep up!
- Last but not least, always drive with your windows down in nice weather